WIN Energy REMC is excited to announce that scholarships will be awarded again in 2018. WIN Energy continuously looks for ways to support our community, and what better way to do so than to support and assist our young people in their pursuit of higher education. Applications for scholarships are currently available to high school seniors of WIN Energy REMC members.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- The parents or legal guardians of the applicant must be WIN Energy REMC members.
- Applicant must be a 2018 graduating senior and have maintained a cumulative grade point average of a C or higher.
- Applicant must provide a current high school transcript.
- Applicant must submit application and transcript to WIN Energy REMC office by February 16, 2018.
- Recipient must be eligible to enroll as a full time student in the fall of 2018. Proof of enrollment must be presented to WIN Energy REMC.
- Full or part-time employees of WIN Energy REMC, or a spouse, son, daughter, stepson, stepdaughter, grandchild, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew of an employee or board director of WIN Energy REMC are ineligible to apply.
Scholarship funds may be applied towards tuition or course fees at any recognized two-year or four-year college or trade school and will be disbursed to the recipient at the end of the 2017-2018 school year. Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the WIN Energy REMC Annual Meeting April 7, 2018.